Friday, February 01, 2008

The Time for Butterflies (and other Lepidoptera)

"Does the Flap of a Butterfly's Wings in Brazil set off a Tornado in Texas?" Edward Lorenz, 1972

It's time for all those butterflies to get up off their branches and start flapping...

The weather reports for Mardi Gras are NOT looking great, and I figure if all those moths and butterflies start beating their wings, they can be the change (hey, I even managed to slip in some contemporary political rhetoric!) that saves our day...

(Dude, I drank so much nectar last night, I can't remember a thing!)

Heck, even the caterpillars can help out - grab the branch with several pairs of your back legs while bouncing on the leaf in front of you with your anterior, thereby creating a similar effect to your adult relations. I've seen Nature, I grew up on National Geographic...I know what you can do and I know where you live...

(Does this chrysalis make me look fat?)

Chance of Thunderstorms, 40% Chance of Precipitation...and yes, for all you Glass-Half-Full People out there, that means there a 60% Chance of No Precipitation.

OK, everyone - start flapping on Three - you, too, Mr.-Moth-Who-Thinks-He-Can-Hide-From-Us-By-Blending-In-With-The-Tree-Bark! We see you...

One, Two, Three!

5 comment(s):

painted maypole

maybe all that flapping will generate some heat, too. we can only hope.

Jen of A2eatwrite

LOL, this gave me a real chuckle!! Sending gentle breezes, dry weather and warmth your way!

Jenn

I hope it miraculously changes to beautiful weather!

Also, Love the new header at the top!

Jenn in Holland

flapping as fast as i can, babe...

soccer mom in denial

Wait? That was sarcastic? Really?

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP