Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sad, but still Marvelous

We lost another bright light yesterday.

Mary Travers was a big part of my early music life - we had the Peter, Paul & Mommy album. I'm surprised we didn't wear it out.

I knew every song by heart, all the lyrics and all the parts. It wasn't until much later in life that I realized how extraordinarily well-crafted these songs and arrangements were/are. And one of the most magical things about them is how truly effortlessly they sang these songs.

Infused with humor, yearning, giddiness and pathos, these songs grabbed hold of me and never let go.

I Have a Song to Sing, O!

Puff, The Magic Dragon

Day is Done

Going to the Zoo Tomorrow

But. The one that has always been the best, my most favorite, is the one that makes me well up with tears, despite never having had children of my own.

The Marvelous Toy

The last verse just gets to me.

So, today we celebrate the life of a lovely singer who touched the lives of a lot of people for several generations.

Mary, you will always be Marvelous to me.


6 comment(s):

painted maypole

I grew up on Peter, Paul and Mary, and have been singing this song for the past 24 hours.

Erguvanist

loved it

Anonymous

fffff

ventepaschere

chaussures homme pas cher Soldes Profitez de Reductions jusqu'a -50%,sont sur la boutique de chaussure en ligne de chaussurespaschere.fr.

Unknown

Burberry bolsas
Chanel bolsas
Chloe bolsas
Dior bolsas
Dolce Gabbana bolsas
Ed Hardy bolsas
Fendi bolsas
Gucci bolsas
Guess bolsas
Juicy Couture bolsas
Louis Vuitton bolsas
Polo bolsas
Prada bolsas
T Shirt
Armani T Shirt Hombre
Burberry T Shirt Hombre

Aakash

Thank For Sharing This Awsome Post I Really Liked It Pal I M Became Your Big Fan After reading This Article :-)
Actors
Actress
Political Leaders
Sports Stars
Entrepreneur
Roller Shutter Repair

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP